Hi, I'm Rob. I'm a seismic structural engineer and I live in London.
During my PhD at the Polytechnic University of Bari (Italy) I started coding and I realised that I love solving engineering problems with it.
Soon enough I wanted to share such algorithms with people, especially with non-coders, and I started writing small desktop apps. Currently I work as an Assistant Professor (Lecturer) in the University College London and consultant for structural projects/numerical modelling.
Assistant Professor (Lecturer) in Catastrophe Risk ModellingUniversity College of London, London, United Kingdom. January 2022 - Present
- Institute for Risk and Disaster Reduction (IRDR)
- Admission tutor for the MSc programs in IRDR
Marie Curie Senior Research FellowUniversity College of London, London, United Kingdom. November 2019 - December 2021
- Individual fellowship "MULTIRES: MULTI-level framework to enhance seismic RESilience of RC buildings"
- €212,934 European funding
Research FellowUniversity College of London, London, United Kingdom. June 2018 - October 2019
- Participation in the research project "INSPIRE: INdonesia School Programme to Increase REsilience"
- Seismic risk assessment: fragility analysis and loss analysis
Research collaborator and expert of the field (design of bridges)Polytechnic Univeristy of Bari, Bari, Italy. February 2018 - May 2018
- Research related to seismic assessment of existing RC bulidings and bridges
- Lectures for the "Theory and design of bridges". 50 students, 40 hours
- Tutoring of Master theses. 13 students, to date
Visiting researcher: "SAFER & Sustainable" groupUniversity of Canterbury, Christchurch, New Zealand. September 2016 - February 2017
- Participation in the working group for the draft of the 2017 New Zealand Society for Earthquake Engineering seismic assessment guidelines (RC buildings part)
- Seismic assessment of existing RC buildings: residual capacity and real case studies
- Participation to the reconnaissance in the aftermath of the Mw 7.8 2016 Kaikoura Earthquake
Visiting researcher: "SAFER" groupUniversity of Canterbury, Christchurch, New Zealand. November 2015 -- February 2016
- Seismic assessment of existing RC buildings: real case studies subjected to earthquake demand
InternAleandri S.p.A., Bari, Italy. September 2014 - November 2014
- 3D model of a prestressed RC beam for its structural analysis during the construction stages
Doctor of Philosophy, seismic engineeringPolytechnic Univeristy of Bari, January 2018, magna cum laude
Extension, refinement and validation of the Simple Lateral Mechanism Analysis (SLaMA) for the seismic assessment of RC structures
prof. Giuseppina Uva, prof. Domenico Raffaele, prof. Stefano Pampanin
Master's degree, building engineeringPolytechnic Univeristy of Bari, October 2014, magna cum laude
Parametric capacity analysis of RC bridge piers with circular section
Advisor: prof. Domenico Raffaele
ErasmusPolytechnic Univeristy of Madrid, February-July 2013
Advisor: prof. Pilar Izquierdo
Bachelor's degree, building engineeringPolytechnic Univeristy of Bari, November 2012, magna cum laude
Shear behaviour of RC beams with recycled aggregates
Advisor: prof. Mariella Diaferio
Single courseROSE School (IUSS), Pavia, Italy.
Seismic design of low damage concrete and timber structures (160 hours)
prof. Stefano Pampanin